It has officially been a year this month since my first post. I didn't really want to blog. Everyone was talking about blogging and I just didn't get it. Then our friend Raena moved away and she blackmailed me into blogging. She said that she would only give me her blog address if I started a blog of my own. She convinced me that it was a great way to keep a journal.
I've tried keeping diaries and journals on and off since I was a child but I always abandoned the idea at some point...usually not long after I started!
Christian even made us each journals once for family home evening. I kept it up for all of one week or so. I was hopeless. Christian and I started a website at one point when Emily was first born but after about a year, it was just too much work.
But it's been a year so far and I have to say, I do enjoy blogging. I like being able to record what we've been doing and what's been going on in our lives. Being able to post pictures really helps. Occasionally, I have to force myself to make a post but it really isn't such a battle. Now I wish are started one sooner! Did I ever thank you Raena? Consider this your official "thank you" for making me do this.
What's more, I love reading everyone else's blog as well. I love to see what everyone is up to. And even more so when friends move away. And I could hardly believe it, but I have found other blogs out there that I am totally addicted to checking every day or every now and then...and I don't even know these people...what's up with that? Okay, most of them may pertain to cooking but not all of them. I guess it's cathartic some how (both writing and reading peoples blogs).
But now I want to look into printing my blog. I guess a lot of people uses blurb? Does anyone have any thoughts, advice, or experience they can share?
3 comments:
Happy Blogger-versary! I know Robyn got hers printed - you ought to ask her where she got it done. I've been thinking getting ours printed too.
You guys have been busy! I can't believe you have two in school now! I can't wait to have one in school! check out shutterfly. I think they print blogs. If you find somehting good let me know!
Hey,can you give me Raena's email address? Her blog is private and I would love to be able to get in touch with her again. My email is sweetbekky@yahoo.com
Post a Comment