Monday, August 24, 2009

Castle Park

The week before school was pretty busy and I didn't have time to post anything between swimming, birthday parties, baby showers and preschool orientation.

At the beginning of the summer, the girls signed up for the summer reading program at the public library. Caitlyn can't read yet so her program was pretty easy. She just had to show up 8 times during the summer and she could pick out books for me to read to her. Emily, however, had to read something like 25 books over the summer. It's fairly impressive for a 6 year old actually. She worked really hard. Some of the books she picked were a bit long and she got tired and frustrated a bit but she worked through it. And the prize at the end of it all was an all day ride ticket for Castle Park.

The girls were super excited. I was a bit miffed to find out that they now charge for entrance to the park though. So I still had to pay for myself to get in and for parking. So...not exactly a free day but still worth it as the lines were very short and the girls had so much fun. It's really neat to see the excitement in their little faces as they ride the rides. The girls met up with one of their best friends, Sophie and they got to ride some rides with her.



But of course, their favorite ride was the log ride. Sorry Kristi, I hope you don't mind me posting this one. It was just too cute to leave out. But don't worry...it's just a tiny picture! This is the ride that Emily had ridden the most. Caitlyn was a little unsure of whether she liked it at first but she warmed up to it! Thanks Jorgenson's for making their special day, extra special!

3 comments:

Seth and Cindy Teague said...

How fun for the girls. I bet they had tons of fun. I think its pretty ridiculous that Castle Park charges just to get in too, always trying to make more money off of us!

Sarah said...

They charge to get in now? Oh man, that is a huge bummer! I need to find out more about your collages you put up..they are always so cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey I found your blog! Fun!!!

Looks like it was a fun day for your girls!