Thursday, March 15, 2012

Honor Roll

Well, we just finished the second trimester of school. I went yesterday to Caitlyn's award ceremony. She got honor roll and perfect attendance again.
Mostly, she just needs to work on her communication skills. It has always been a problem...sometimes even at home. 

Today was Emily's award ceremony. She got high honors, perfect attendance and citizenship this time. We are so proud of her. Honestly, we were a little worried that she might not do as well this trimester, but it's hard to tell how she is doing when her teacher doesn't hardly send anything home.
The assembly today was for all the third and fourth graders. It started off pretty good but before they were done, those older kids were not as well behaved as the 1st and 2nd graders yesterday. The principal even said that the kindergarteners did better. I don't think he was too happy. I saw that even Emily's teacher had to speak to her once for talking (which makes me kind of think that he is a bit lenient on the whole citizenship thing!). But the biggest problem was really the fourth graders. It makes me afraid of what the fifth and sixth graders are like!

There were actually 5 girls in the third grade who got high honors this time...only 2 of them were in Emily's so called GATE class. Makes you kind of wonder what the point of the program is...again. The other kids' parents either opted out of it...or they are just normal high achieving kids. And the GATE kids just happen to do well in spatial reasoning and nothing else. Seriously, what's the point?

Caitlyn will be taking the GATE test this month or next. I'm considering opting out of it as well if she passes. I guess we'll see. There are some changes coming up for the school next year so I think I will cross that bridge when we come to it.



1 comment:

The Jones Family said...

Good job parents for helping her get honor roll and perfect attendance!