Friday, March 9, 2012

Emily turns 9

Monday was Emily's actual birthday. She didn't want to ride the bus and ruin her day as she says the kids on the bus are mean. They are actually really lucky since they are only on the bus for about 10 minutes. They are the last to get on and the first to get off. Christian walked the girls to school in the morning. I picked them up in the afternoon. She was with her best friend Miley when I found her. Unfortunately, it is also Miley's last week of school here. She is moving. She also has a little sister in Caitlyn's grade and the girls got along pretty well. We would occasionally get together for play dates.

I ended up bring all the girls home for what was supposed to be a short play date.
As it turned out, it wasn't quite that short as their mother was late in picking them up and they kept running in and out. Four little girls screaming like they are at an exciting amusement park ride can be quite nerve racking. Of course the younger girl also ended up falling off Caitlyn's bike and scraping her knee pretty badly. Plus, Christian came home early to spend time with Emily so I was pretty relieved when their mom finally came and got the girls.

Of course there was now a mess to be cleaned up and homework to be done still. This is why we usually don't have play dates on a school night. But I allowed it this once given all the circumstances. I know Emily had a great time though.

We finally got everything in order and had a nice quiet family dinner with more presents and cupcakes.
Happy Birthday Emily! You drive us crazy, but we love ya!

No comments: