Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Field Trip

On Monday, Emily took a field trip to the California Citrus State Historical Park. I went along to chaperone.
They got a tour of the museum, some of the grounds and got to taste some different kinds of citrus (of course, none of the citrus that they tasted were actually grown here since they are not even in season yet).

I love the new field trips the girls have had this year. Caitlyn went a month ago to see a play at RCC. I can only assume that these new changes is due to the new principal at their school this year. The citrus industry is such an integral part of Riverside's (and California's) heritage. I'm glad they are teaching these things to our kids because I still haven't figured out what the point of a field trip to Lego Land is about yet (except to party and have fun and not have to teach our kids which they are getting paid to do, but I digress...).

Incidentally, this is also the place where Christian and I got married...14 years ago today. I took a walk with Emily and her friend around the amphitheater where it took place.
Okay, so I am a little biased about this place. It holds some wonderful memories for us.

No comments: