Friday, February 13, 2009

Water

After just over a week with no running water, on Monday the plumbers managed to get pipe water into one of the toilets so that we can at least flush! We've been living off of our water storage barrels all week. Luckily, we have such great friends who have invited us over for occasional showers, laundry, meals and even a refill of a water barrel. Thanks you guys, you don't know how much it meant to us.

Since we have become home owners, we've been reduced to a band of travelling gypsies it seemed.

By Tuesday, we got a shower and sink back. Basically, the 3/4 bath in the master became functional again.

They finished work on Wednesday. We had an inspector come out on Thursday to approve it (although, they won't sign off on it completely until the wall are closed back up). We still don't have the main bathroom functioning since they had to rip into a lot of the wall and into the tiles to re-pipe that bathrooms. That's the room with the most damage in it. The master bedroom is the next I guess...and then the garage. Christian finally managed to go back into work today.

btw...I highly recommend you stock up on your water storage...you never know what might happen!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You poor things you have had nothing but bad luck in this whole adventure. I am sorry!!! Let us know if we can be of any help.

Seth and Cindy Teague said...

Man, I cannot believe how much trouble you guys have gone through with this whole new change. We're so sorry! Let us know if we can help you guys. We know you're really busy trying to settle everything, but we would love to see you guys when things get better. Let us know.

dnbwilkesfamily said...

Wow, i've been out of the loop. I'm sorry to hear that things have been so bad. I thought buying a house was so supposed to be a fun thing. Do you have a new number? Let me know. I would love to come and visit. Miss you!