Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ode to a husband...

...no, not really. I'm not going to attempt to write a poem. But I had a friend come by earlier today and as I was telling her the story of my new refrigerator, I was reminded that I never got to post that on my blog as I had intended to...when I got internet access, that is.

The day we finished moving (the day before all hell and apparently, water broke loose at the Caldwell household, we went by Lowes to pick up some odds and ends for the house when we ran upon this refrigerator. It was one of those clearance items because it had been repaired or has a ding in it. And it was one of the best prices we'd seen so we just had to have it.

My refrigerator has been too small ever since our family started growing, plus the inside of the door is kind of well...busted. So I was always complaining that there was not enough room in the refrigerator and stuff would always fall out at me when I would try to get something out of the freezer.

When we were moving, we had decided to get rid of a lot of things that we'd been holding on to for one reason or another. Christian decided that he was going to sell his engine. He had been collecting parts and working on rebuilding this 302 engine for an old Ford Bronco for quite some time before the girls came. He had the block worked on at some speed shop in San Diego and had collected all these performance parts for it...it was one of his prides and joys. But we had to get rid of the Bronco some time ago and he did not want to take up room in the garage for the engine anymore and decided to sell it at a fire sale rate to buy me some new appliances for our house. I don't think most people would understand what a sacrifice this was for him unless you knew him and knew what this engine was.

This is one of the things we spent the money on. I love it. Thanks husband...you're the best!

p.s. Thanks also to our friends who came to our aid to help unload this huge thing!

2 comments:

Seth and Cindy Teague said...

So Christian sold the Bronco engine eh? Atleast you got a cool new refridgerator out of it! Looks nice!

The Jones Family said...

That fridge is plenty large for another Turkey! : D How about it?