So I was playing with the night mode on my little digital one shot camera (which I have not used once since Christian got me this camera some 6 years ago). I took this picture of our pumpkins in front of our house.It was a bit blurry. I obviously need a tri-pod. Which I have, but am always too lazy to pull out (especially for frivolous little shots like these). But I can see some potential for it's use.
Last night, we took the girls to the trunk-or-treat over at our church. It was kind of a small event (at least compared to the big stake ones we've had in the past. And some people put quite a bit of work in decorating their trunk for the occasion. The girls had a lot of fun though. They don't ask for much. They got to put on their costumes, see some of their friends, and got more candy to boot. Mommy and daddy are a little less enthusiastic about that part but it's all part of the fun of Halloween I guess. We'll thin out their Halloween booty later....shhhh.

Here's another night shot of the girls playing a bean bag toss game. They got four bean bags that they threw into the eyes, nose, or mouth of this scary clown face.
Again, a little blurry but definitely has some potential. I'll have to give this a little more thought next time and get my lazy butt up to pull out the tripod.
But if you can control the subject (which you have to admit is impossible when it is little children), you can get some neat action affects like you see in the last image of Cailtyn below.

The youth put on this spook alley inside the building and we were not going to take our girls in there but got pressured inside (I blame Jenny who said that she was even taking baby Emily in...I'm ratting her out to her mom right now). Anyway, the guys said that they would do a light "spook" for the little ones. But it was dark and just the costumes and props were too much for most of them. Caitlyn and I were the first to go in, followed by Josh Wilkes. I thought the rest of them were following behind us but apparently, big and little Emily plus Sophie were not going to have anything to do with it and chickened out before going in (unbeknowst to us). Caitlyn did really well until about the 2nd turn in the maze and decided that it wasn't such a good idea when it came to the end and we were supposed to crawl through this foggy tunnel to get out. They had to let us go around and she was shaking a little by the end of it. Josh was a little warry but went through the tunnel by himself (well, I think one of the guys in there helped him through! Way to go Josh!
I felt really bad about taking Caitlyn in afterwards. But she is such a little trooper. We left afterwards and she recovered and started comparing treats with her sister on the way home.
I don't think I did any lasting damage by taking her into the spook alley. She didn't even wake up that night with nightmares or anything...or did I?
4 comments:
Don't about forget your finger being attacked by an evil vampire toy package.
Oh, yeah...Emily won this prize from the bean bag game. It was real (but plastic) earings. While we were waiting in line at the spook alley, I asked to see what she got and when she handed it to me, the package gashed open my finger and it started bleeding. Apparently the staples were partially open on the package! I had to trade Emily for it with a pack of m&m's. I actually did the same for Caitlyn who got a little set of makeup! I think the prizes were geared for older girls.
I like that last pictures of Caitlyn! She looks so cute. I love playing around with all the cool functions on our digital. Its fun to see how you can change pictures to so many different settings. Happy Halloween!
I thought that trunk or treat was way fun! I love seeing all of the kids dressed up, your girls looked so cute!
Post a Comment