We had a tough week full of emotional and seemingly hormonal toddlers and overflowing toilets. Plus we are still trying to shake the last effects of that cold we got a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, at the last minute, Christian decided that we were going to get a babysitter and we were going to have a few hours away from the girls on Friday.
We picked up some food and drove to a hill at UCR and had a picnic as the sun went down. It was so peaceful. We were in between two hills so the noises from the city and freeway were muffled. After we ate, we walked up to the top of one of the hills that overlooks the city. I can't believe how much it has changed since we used to go to school there. Where there were dark spots, you can now see city lights as far as the eye can see. It's not as pretty as it used to be. Then again, neither is the campus which is nearly unrecognizeable in some areas.
Christian and I met and UCR and that hill is actually one of the places we first went to together. We had a nice evening.
2 comments:
How sweet. I bet it was nice to get away just the two of you.
How nice! It sounds romantic! Did you like your baby sitter? I'm glad you guys got away for a little while. You deserve it!
Post a Comment