Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures, which is a shame since I rarely see my uncle and aunt. I love Chinese food in S.F. They have mostly Cantonese food with flavors that remind me of my childhood.
After lunch, we left my mom to catch up with her brother and his wife while we drove back to Pacifica. My sister wanted to show me some of the hikes along the shoreline. We knew that my mom would not be able to do too much of it. It was really beautiful.
We hiked until the sun started to go down and then headed back as we watched the sun set. We went back to the house to meet up with my sister's husband then picked up my nephew and my mom for dinner. We had more Chinese food in S.F.
-------
The next day, we took my mom out to see the coastline. We only walked over the first hill or so. Mostly we were distracted watching hundreds of cute little sandpipers. We could have been happy to just spend all day watching them.
We grabbed lunch afterwards at some local taco stand and headed back to their house. They had several get togethers planned that evening. My mom and I hung out at their place. They left me a car, but we didn't feel up to venturing out. We entertained ourselves by watching weird movies and I worked on putting together a berry trifle for their potluck in the evening. It took me most of the time to work on their dessert anyway since their kitchen isn't very well stocked in supplies or equipment!
I ended up winning first prize for my dessert in their potluck that evening. I brought home some weird cake pan out of the deal.
--------
We packed up and left again the next morning. This time, we were headed all the way back home. The way home was pretty uneventful. We stopped by some roadside fruit stands near Visalia, that was about it. Christian picked me up at my mom's house that evening.



No comments:
Post a Comment