Friday, December 16, 2016

December Update

After I got back and got back into the daily rhythm of chauffeuring the kids back and forth from school, meals and laundry, half of December was almost over. I realized that I had barely started Christmas shopping, we haven't put up any lights or the tree nor had we worked on this year's Christmas card.

Christian started to feel better, at long last, shortly after I returned from my trip. He had an ultrasound scheduled while I was away, but we had yet to hear the results. He tried to make an appointment with his doctor but he wouldn't see him until some time in January. It was pretty frustrating. Although Christian was feeling better, we were still pretty worried about what was causing the problems.

I finally called and got him an appointment with a different doctor. The wait was long and excruciating, even with an appointment. We waited nearly two hours! If we were not so desperate for answers, we would have left. When we finally spoke to the doctor, everything was finally cleared up. Christian has gall stones. Apparently, one of the gall stones was obstructing his bile duct, which was causing all the pain. It had settled back down, which is why he had started feeling normal again. If this happens frequently, we will have to consider removing his gallbladder, but for now, we'd rather keep all his organs where they are supposed be.

While having gall stones is not good, it is certainly not as bad as we had feared at first and finding out, certainly helped us breath a little easier. At least now, we know what we are dealing with.

The wait for the doctor was horrendous, but we really liked her and quickly switched over to her as Christian's primary doctor.

With the weightier matters taken care of, we worked on and ordered last minute Christmas cards. I got the outdoor lights up but didn't manage to get the tree up this year. I just decorated the mantel so that it was still festive. I managed to get all the Christmas shopping done. Some of the packages arrived a bit close and one never arrived at all. The postman mis-delivered my package. It has not been uncommon for us to receive one of the neighbors mail or packages so you could only wonder how many of our own mail gets mis-delivered and ends up tossed away or stolen.

The rest of the month has gone by in a blur of school projects and deadlines. The nightmare of which, I don't even want to recall at this point.

No comments: