Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Halloween

The kids dressed up in their Halloween costumes as usual for school. Although, that's all Emily gets to do now in middle school. There are no parades or parties...thank goodness. They had a couple of little activities...like, guess how many candy corn are in a container. I didn't even make it out to Caitlyn's parade, it's just not as cute any more as they are older. And with all the restrictions on the parents these days, I avoid the campus like the plague.
Caitlyn wore her new witch costume from Marian. Emily wore her vampire costume again (another costume from Marian that she received some other year). Although, her costume was not quite complete as she could not find her vampire teeth or anything.

After school, they came home to get their work done as our ward trunk-or-treat was to be in the evening. Christian had to work late so we headed out by ourselves to the church at 6. Emily was lazy and kept on the same costume. Caitlyn wanted to be a rock climber for Halloween. Well, a rock climber that took a whipper. So she had her arm in a sling and a bandage on her head injury. I guess that will remind her to put on her helmet when climbing. I guess it looked pretty good because lots of people asked if she really got hurt since they know that we take them rock climbing for real anyway. 
For posterity, we stop at one house every year to do trick or treating at a real house. We just go to our neighbor's house as we know them and they go all out every year but very few kids ever wander down our street.

There was a chili cook off at church, so we had dinner there. After dinner, they had games set up around the cultural hall for the kids.
Christian met us there and just managed to get a bowl of chili and some cornbread before they cleared it all out. I should have saved more food for him but I was off taking the kids around. Emily doesn't care but Caitlyn still wants me with her.

Outside, there was a small section of cars set up for the actual trunk or treat. I think the showing was fairly small this year...maybe because the rest of the people were set up inside.
This year, the ward went all out and got a bounce house for the kids as well. I tried to get a picture of the kids coming down the slide but it was just too dark for my camera to focus and I gave up.
The kids had a lot of fun and got a lot of candy to boot. Honestly, we never get through most of the candy. After they were done, we went home and they got to watch A Nightmare Before Christmas with a friend. They had a really full day.

No comments: