Thursday, November 13, 2014

Day Off

Everybody had a day off for Veteran's Day, so we decided to take the girls for their monthly visit to the climbing gym using our guest passes.

We spent about 4 hours there. Although we spent a lot of time belaying each other and the kids, I was pretty darn tired after 4 hours at the gym.
I think that overall, we are all getting much stronger and can do things that we could never have done when we started. 

We couldn't even hardly get Caitlyn to climb at the gym the first time we went last Christmas. I think we forced her to make it to the top of one climb and she played around the rest of the time.

Now, although overall, Caitlyn is still not as enthusiastic as Emily about some climbs, she has become quite a little climber. She still has problems since she just doesn't have the reach as everybody else, and she is not quite as strong as Emily. There was one difficult route that she managed to complete at the gym that neither Emily nor I could do!
It was pretty amazing. The kids had a lot of fun but we finally left as we were pretty tired, our hands were thrashed and we were pretty hungry. 

No comments: