A couple of weeks ago, the kindergarten class at Caitlyn's school went on a field trip to Amy's Farm. Originally, they said that there was not enough money for them to go on a field trip this year but apparently, they were able to after all (although, we still all had to pay for the entrance fee, they had money for the buses). I didn't get to go because they wanted to limit the amount of parent volunteers or something and they had all they needed. But when we took Cailtyn in to catch her bus, they said that I could meet them there if I wanted still. I was not prepared to leave that morning so I did not go. One of the other mom's was kind enough to take some pictures for me.
Caitlyn was excited for her first 'real' field trip. She got to going on 'walking' field trips in pre-school. She got to pet sheeps and goats, brush a pony, milk a cow and a bunch of other stuff.
The kids always have a great time on these field trips but they are annoying and stressful for us. We worry about them busing the kids so far and they made us bring the kids early but we end up standing around for over an hour because they know other parents always bring their kids in late and they don't want them to miss the field trip. So for those of us who keep to a real schedule, we have to stand around twiddling our thumbs. Then when I went to pick her up, their bus was over an hour late in returning. So, again, I'm sitting around twiddling my thumbs....but they must figure we have nothing better to do but sit around on our butts eating bon bons at home or something.
The school had open house right before spring break. We already learned to go late so that we don't have to stand around waiting for the PTA meeting to be over because we can never get in because it is too crowded and they don't really have enough room for everyone to go. But it still took a lot longer than we intended since we have two classes to go to for each of the kids.
Plus, we found out the the principal is leaving next year which leaves some things uncertain for our girls and the gate program for Emily next year. So I need to make an appointment with the new principal before the end of the year or during the summer to make sure that our girls' needs will still be met.

No comments:
Post a Comment