Saturday, April 30, 2011

Caitlyn's Birthday

Caitlyn's birthday was Friday. Her grandmother sent her some clothes in the mail. She was so excited to get a package in the mail.

She wore one of the outfits on her birthday. I baked her some mini-cupcakes to share with her class. Christian took the day off and we brought them to her together. All the kids got juice and a little cupcake. I was afraid that after all the work to make the cupcakes that a lot of them would end up in the trash but almost all the kids actually ate it. Only three kids tossed their's or part of their's.
She got a sticker and a little certificate from her teacher along with some goodies (a pencil and a treat). She also got an extra trip to the treasure box to pick out something for her birthday.

Caitlyn requested shrimp tempura for her birthday dinner again. She tasted it once on one of our trips to Costco!

It beats eating out.

We did our presents after dinner. She got some clothes, craft activity things and more jewelry supplies along with something to organize her beads. She also wanted a sword or light saber but we ended up giving her a Nerf gun and target. She was pretty excited still.
Luckily, there was enough batter for the mini cupcakes for her class as well as some left over for full sized ones for our dessert. We actually had enough to bring to a few of our neighbors as well. After her party last Saturday and the cupcakes for her class, I would have hated to have to bake yet another cake for dinner! I did make some extra chocolate covered strawberries though.
The glasses are the protective glasses that come with her Nerf stuff. I'm glad all the birthday celebrations are done...I need a break.

No comments: