After Oceanside, we headed down to Christian's brother's house to crash as it was way too late to head all the way back home and we never did make it over to see his family this summer. In the morning, Christian's brother took the girls for their swimming lesson.
I didn't get to take the girls out to swim very much this summer. In fact, we only went one other time back in June. A friend invited us over but Emily forgot most of what she learned the previous summer and was too afraid to swim. She was pretty upset and Christian ended up getting in the pool with his clothes on to swim around with her (we had not planned to go swimming that night.
So in July, we had planned to take her to her Uncle to get a refresher and to continue with her lessons but we never did make it.
It did not take too much for her uncle to get her back up to speed and to continue on with her lessons. She did pretty good but she kept wanting to stop to dive for rings...so that was her reward for attending to her new lessons in swimming.
We couldn't quite get Caitlyn to learn how to swim yet. The most her uncle got her to do was to blow bubbles in the water. She spent most of her time being towed around by her dad in the pool. We eventually got her a vest from the life guard and made her swim around a bit on her own like she normally does with her floaties.
Not having got out much this summer and not being careful enough, we all got a little sun burnt afterwards. Christian forgot to put sunscreen on his face. Emily did not have good coverage of sunscreen on her shoulders, and I was wearing a shirt over my bathing suit when I put my sunscreen on and stayed like that for a while while I was taking pictures of everyone. When I finally put my camera down to get into the pool, I took off my shirt and did not remember that I did not apply any sunscreen on my shoulders or back and ended up with the worst sun burn. Caitlyn had the best coverage and only had a little bit of redness on her cheeks and it went away by the next day or so.
We had lunch with his family before heading back up here...all except for his sister and her family because she works on Friday and Saturdays and her kids have sports all Saturday afternoon.
I'm glad we finally made it down to see at least some of his family and to take the girls to the pool. We've had a rough summer. We had a pretty nice weekend anyway.


No comments:
Post a Comment