We did not get out much this summer since we've been sick during the bulk of it. I still have residual symptoms from our sickness that I have not quite kicked yet. When Caitlyn or Christian gets overly tired, their symptoms show up a bit as well. But we have at least gotten back out of the house in the last week or two.
We had planned for our first family camping trip this past July but it was not meant to be. That was supposed to be the big thing we did this summer. By the time the worst of the sickness had passed, Christian could not take off from work. And since school starts next week, there is no time left.
We did manage to complete the summer reading program at our local library so the kids did earn their tickets to go back to Castle Park. Books and movies from the library is how we survived being stuck at home for over a month. So last Wednesday, we headed back out to Castle Park. Caitlyn got to come with us this time.
The weather was super nice. Actually, our entire summer except for maybe a week or two has been very mild this year.
Caitlyn is still small enough to ride the little kid rides and was still able to get on them by herself (much to her sister's annoyance). I think it will be her last year of being able to ride those rides too.
But Emily was able to ride a couple of rides that Caitlyn could not quite ride yet like the Tilt-a-Whirl and Kings Crown. On all the other rides, I usually rode with Caitlyn while Emily rode on her own her in front of us.
However, Emily also wanted to ride the log ride way more than her sister. Emily went on it four times again and Caitlyn and I only joined her on the first and last time. So I did manage to get a picture of her riding by herself with some strangers this time on her favorite ride. The only problem we had was that we ran into some friends from our old ward and she got to ride with them on her third trip but just as they were about to splash down, my camera ran out of batteries so I still only have the picture of her sitting with the strangers!



1 comment:
Sorry to hear that you were all sick. That's no fun!! At least the girls got to go to Castle Park, they look like they had some fun!
Post a Comment