Friday, April 16, 2010

Spring Break - Part 3

On Saturday, we took the girls up to the mountain. We were hoping that there would still be enough snow to play in. We watched and hoped that the weather system would move in sooner but alas, it got delayed until Sunday night/early Monday morning. Little good that did us.

But we managed to find enough patches of snow that they were still able to do a little sledding and have snow ball fights with Dad. There was not enough to make a snowman and the snow was too compacted to make snow angels.

The girls were pretty good all week but they went a bit nuts by Saturday. They were totally unmanageable. They just went crazy and would not listen to a thing we told them. Christian and I were just frustrated and did not have much fun.

The girls didn't let that stop them from having fun though...they were ignoring us anyway.


Afterwards, we had hoped to take our annual picture of the girls at the temple but unfortunately, it was still closed for maintenance. We also usually take the girls to A&W afterwards but it was filled with unsavory characters and Christian and I didn't have much patience left so we decided to just call it a day and go home.

The next day, Christian and I started to feel sick. The girls were even more unruly and fought all day with each other. To say that we couldn't wait for school to begin again was an understatement.

Caitlyn woke up a little after 7:am every day since the break started (that is her normal time during school) no matter if she got in a nap or not. But of course, when Monday morning rolled around, I could not wake her up for anything...how very predictable.

I fear for summer.

No comments: