Thursday, July 2, 2009

Greed

Okay, I was greedy. I planted way too many tomatoes too close to each other. And now my tomato plants have all grown together into a big tomato jungle. I'll be lucky if they don't get all diseased from lack of sun in the tangled interiors. I'll also be lucky to be able to find all the tomatoes and be able to reach them without breaking off branches of others (I already broke a branch of one trying to reach in to harvest a summer squash next to the tomatoes...uh, which I also planted too close together in my greed to fit as many into the space set apart for our vegetable garden).

In my defense though, my tomatoes never grew this nice and bushy at the other house. I think they get a lot more sun here. Or maybe these heirloom tomatoes just grow a lot different from the regular tomatoes I've planted in the past. Perhaps it's both.

No comments: