We didn't do too much through most of September. We were mostly just busy working and taking care of things. It was still pretty hot though most of the month so we couldn't go out to do too much. Gas prices reached nearly $7 a gallon at times. It was pretty miserable. Christian was working on getting the fuel tank out of the ZJ to replace the fuel pump. It should have been fairly easy but it didn't go that smoothly and he ended up having to take it on and off many times for different reasons so it was pretty miserable.
I celebrated my birthday. It was during the week, so we didn't do too much. Christian works until nearly evening and eating out isn't really worth it most of the time. I got us some nice steaks and some shrimp and prepped everything. When Christian came home, he helped me cook them up and we had a nice quiet evening at home.
He got me a couple of aprons for my birthday. It's not as dull as that sounds. They are really nice. They can be more accurately described as a pinafore than just an everyday apron. I've been really annoyed at how stained all my clothes are all the time. I can't seem to keep any of my shirts unstained and it is really frustrating and embarrassing when I go out of the house. I have an apron and I throw it on some the times but I don't wear it all the time and it takes just a second to get a splatter or stain. So my reasoning is if I got these aprons that are so cute, I will wear them all the time unless I go out, then I can keep all my clothes cleaner!
So far it is working out quite well and when one gets dirty, I can wear the other one while the other one gets washed. My old apron was actually made by my mother and I had it a long time. It is just your typical flowery apron. It did its' job but was never so cute that I wanted to keep it on. I just remembered to put it on before doing some serious cooking but if I just throw something together or fix up a quick snack, I never bothered with it.Christian also printed some neat little things for me with the 3D printer. I got a little hummingbird feeder and a little self watering pot.
I was a little disappointed at first as I couldn't tell if any hummingbirds found our little watering station for them, but it seems to be a popular stop for them now and I just love watching them come by!The girls actually got us some little birthday gifts before they left as they knew they wouldn't be here. Emily got me a new cover for my Kindle Fire. Caitlyn got me a meat mallet and made Tonkatsu for us!
That weekend, we did manage to go out and do something. We kept somewhat local as the price of gas is pretty high. We went up to San Jacinto to Fuller Ridge. We drove down some of the off road trails there. We did a little hiking on a little section of the Pacific Crest Trail there.
We mostly went to just get off the beaten path to try to get a bit of peace and quiet and some fresh air and exercise. That was nice. We will definitely make an effort to go back as it was not very far away.



No comments:
Post a Comment