Unfortunately, I had been sick all week. My worst day yet was the day before her party. I was mostly able to muster through it all.Marian could not make it to the party this year. She got stuck at work and was unable to join us. Christian's dad and Jackie was able to make it though, so that was nice. Luckily, Emily requested a super easy meal of carne asada burritos. We had a salad and lots of chips and homemade salsa to go with it. She also requested The World's Best Cake. Not that that is our opinion exactly, but the actual name of the cake. I don't know if it is the world's best, but it is pretty good. It is a cake with a meringue topping that sandwiches a bunch of bananas and cream in between and topped with a bit of toasted coconut.
This year, Emily just got one big present from all of us. She got a new mattress for her bed as her old one was used when we got it and was worse for the wear. We had Christian's dad help chip in for it as it is a pretty big ticket item for us.
Emily was pretty excited as now she has a new bed to go with all the new bedding she got for Christmas.
Her actual birthday was on Sunday. I saved a few trinkets for her to have something to open on her actual birthday. Caitlyn gave her a necklace and a drawing pen. I was still pretty wiped out, so I slept in. Christian made dinner and we had leftover cake for her dessert.

No comments:
Post a Comment