Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween

Last weekend, we attended the Dean's annual Halloween party.
The kids dressed up to hang out with their friends. Emily went as a pirate. Caitlyn dressed as a mummy. That outfit was more than we bargained for. The strips of cloth didn't stay where we wrapped it so we ended up having to sew little tacks in everywhere to keep it in place. It was a nightmare but turned out pretty nice. Christian and I were going to dress up, but he spent all day working on my car and I spent too much time working on treats to bring to the party and Caitlyn's outfit so in the end, we were too tired to do anything.
The kids played games but in the end, we left fairly early. We had not had any dinner and there was not a whole lot of food at the party. The food I brought all but disappeared at the blink of an eye while we spoke to the hosts. I barely got a taste of the food I made. Plus, we were pretty tired.
--------
On Friday, I took the girls to our church chili dinner and trunk or treat. Christian stayed home to prepare for our trip to El Cajon. The girls just put on the same outfits they had on before. This time, we wrapped Caitlyn up without sewing any of the loose pieces together. They did not stay together too well. By the end of the night (after playing in the bounce house), she looked like she was in a fight! I forgot my camera as we were running a bit late and didn't take any more pictures.
--------
On the actual Halloween day, which was on a Monday this year, we stayed home. I made a meal in a pumpkin. While it tasted pretty good, it wasn't quite cooked enough, even though I baked it for an extra 20 to 30 minutes. I think next time, I will have to bake it for two hours or increase the temperature. 

We did not get any trick or treaters.

No comments: