Friday, June 12, 2015

Caitlyn

Another school year has come to a close and none too soon. I usually do not look forward for a school year to end, to have the kids home 24/7, bickering one minute and conspiring with each other the next. But this year, for once, I am glad that the year is over. A lot of it probably has to do with the constant frustrations over Emily's laziness and irresponsible behavior over her homework. We have yet to find out what her grades are at the close of the year.

Meanwhile, Caitlyn had her last Girl Scout meeting. She earned a patch and was supposed to bridge over to the next level but they have put that off until September. They had a little ceremony for the girls and had a celebration.
I think that she enjoyed her time in her Girl Scout troupe for the most part but I think that we will most likely not be continuing on. They really misled us about the money we needed to join the Girl Scouts. They still wanted us to pay monthly dues in order for the troupe to have money for activities since we formed after the cookie sales. They did not tell us this until after we paid our annual dues to join in the first place (half of the year already having pretty much passed). They had also vehemenently claimed that we did not even have to participate in the cookie sales, but after talking to another mom already in the Girl Scouts, and after them pressuring us to pay more dues, I know now that this is also untrue.

Plus, in the end, the leaders of the troupe are parents of Daisies and Brownies and are much more concerned about what the very little kids needed and the needs of the older Juniors was only a second thought even though they were the reasons the troupe was formed in the first place.

In the end, I just don't think that it was a very good fit for us. They are still quite disorganized. I like the ideas behind the Girl Scouts but I don't think that the leaders take it very seriously. Plus they like to do a lot of singing and Caitlyn really doesn't like it very much and refuses to participate. 

Caitlyn also had her year end party at the park...of course it was pretty miserable as it was one of the hottest days of the year so far.

She also had her award ceremony for the third trimester. She got the Principal's Honor roll again and perfect attendance, of course.
Great job Caitlyn!

No comments: