On Thursday evening, our friends from the Mt. Roubidoux Ward, performed at the Arts Walk in the Life Arts Building downtown. We were so excited to see them perform but Christian could not go in the end as he had been sick all week.
Apparently, he got a really painful abscess. Let's put it this way, after I got back from Emily's award ceremony on Tuesday morning, he had me take him to urgent care. If you know Christian, he has to be in extreme pain, dead or dying to go to the doctor. I asked him before I left in the morning whether he wanted to go to the doctor. He was still insisting that he didn't need to go. By the time I got back, he was dressed and ready to leave for the doctor. Luckily, there was no wait and they took him in immediately. The nurse said he was so pale, she was afraid he was going to pass out. She came back out to the waiting room to get me...just in case. They tried to drain it but it had not progressed enough. They gave him pain killers and antibiotic to see if that would take care of it. If it did not show progress in a few days, we would have to take him back to try to drain it again. Thankfully, the medicine showed signs of working after a couple of days. He's been home a week and a half now and he is finally able to function now (mostly). It will be a little while before he is back to normal.
Also, a hour before leaving for the recital, Caitlyn seemed to have an emotional episode of some sort. No one can figure out what she was so upset about. She just cried and wouldn't even eat her dinner. Emily and I ended up going on our own.
Downtown was really crowded...which is why we usually avoid the Arts Walk or even the library on Thursday nights. The performances was wonderful though. It is really nice to see our friends performing. Musical numbers in church isn't really the same thing. They did a selection of classical and broadway numbers.
Emily and I had a lovely evening!

No comments:
Post a Comment