Monday morning after Christmas arrived. Christian and Marian managed to get her car to the dealership for repairs.
We had been talking about New Year's resolutions and the fact that we have all gained back some of the pounds we managed to lose last year. All the Christmas goodies, parties and excellent dinners and desserts did not help.
We had been talking about taking the girls up for a hike up to the "C" for a while now. Since we were waiting for Marian's car to be fixed, we decided that it was a fine day for a hike. And so we dragged her and one of her dogs with us. It was quite a beautiful day for a hike...only it is a bit steep for the girls and their out of shape mom but we finally made it up to the top. We have proof!
This was only the second time I'd been up there. The last time was in college and it was getting dark when our group finally made it up. It was getting difficult to see and we were nearly to the top. Christian was hiking up behind me and I slipped and slid down a bit but not before kicking Christian's legs out from under him! I may be more out of shape this time, but I had a lot better luck getting up without any problems in the light of day!

No comments:
Post a Comment