We finally decided to carve our pumpkins Thursday night. We had to keep putting it off because it has been so hot still that if we carved the pumpkins earlier, it would be nothing but a steaming black pile of goo by the time it was Halloween.
We broke our pumpkin carving tools on our pumpkin last year and I swear I bought new tools but as we were getting ready to carve them, we couldn't find them anywhere! We had to make due and use kitchen and pocket knives. It was too difficult and dangerous for the kids to do, so we had to confiscate them and do them ourselves.
The kids still got to clean out the pumpkins seeds and junk. Also, since we plan to use the pumpkins for our trunk or treat tomorrow, Christian and I decide to go with a Nightmare before Christmas theme on our pumpkins and we carved Jack Skellington and Oogie Boogie pumpkins.
They came out pretty neat but it was not easy to do it without the proper tools. I did, however, finally find the tools I bought a couple of days later! Oh well. At least I'm not going completely out of my mind...I knew I bought some!

No comments:
Post a Comment