Today was the first day back to the school for the girls. I wanted to sigh with relief but I can't help but feel a little anxious for them. We got them off on the bus (which actually came on time today). Then we followed shortly after in the car.
There was very little change actually for the girls to get used to. Emily has the same teacher as last year. He generally likes to loop his classes for two years. Only maybe 25% of the class changed. Most of the kids stayed the same. She did get a new math teacher though so we went to meet her and introduce her to Emily so that Emily knows where she will be going. We found out that the kids she went to math with last year stayed all together in this class as well, so she knows most of them already too. Only the teacher changed because their teacher is not "teaching" this year. She has some special assignment I'll get into more later.
Caitlyn's teacher this year is her 1st grade math teacher from last year. So she already knows her. She also knows at least 25% of the kids in the class already so it was not so different and scary. Her math teacher is the teacher I was originally hoping Caitlyn would get this year but I found out she is teaching 2nd grade this year. I was a little disappointed because I had heard such amazing things about her but at least she still gets to take math with her. And I know her current teacher is very similar to previous teachers. They don't just leave well enough alone. They try to push their kids to excel in whatever areas they can so I know she won't just ignore Caitlyn because she doesn't need help and let her stagnate in the class. So I guess everything worked out for the best.
I thought I would just relax on their first day at school (just because I could) but it didn't work out that way. I had to run a bunch of errands because I couldn't go out last week. We went swimming at a friend's house and Emily jumped off the diving board and landed wrong in the pool or something and re-injured her foot (at least we think it is the same foot she hurt during the last school year). So I mostly ran around picking up little odds and ends for the kids and re-stocking up on bread and milk and stuff! It was still nice not to have to drag the kids around!
There's always tomorrow!

No comments:
Post a Comment