Since we were meeting up with Christian's family on Sunday for Father's Day and to celebrate some birthdays, we decided to make a weekend of it. We went down on Saturday and we spent the afternoon at the pool with Christian's brother. We wanted the kids to show Uncle Mark how far they got in their swim lessons and continue a bit.
 |
| Caitlyn with a kick board |
 |
| Uncle Mark helping Emily with her form |
 |
| Caitlyn swimming a short distance without any support! |
 |
| Emily practicing her backstroke |
 |
Caitlyn jumping in without holding anybody's hand
(or without being thrown in) |
 |
| Emily doesn't jump in feet first, she jumps in like she is pouncing on something! |
After a few hours of practice and extra instruction, Emily was able to do a few things they showed her at the end of her lessons for level 3. And Caitlyn made some real attempts at actual swimming. I was so excited!
We spent the night at Uncle Mark's house. The girls love it. They get to camp out with their sleeping bags on his floor. I guess anything different is fun for them! It was Mark's wife's bithday so we had a nice bbq after we got back and cleaned up. I offered to make a cake for her since I thought it would be wrong for her to make her own cake for her birthday (although, I think I do the same thing for my birthday). We had a pretty late night. We put the kids to bed at some point and stayed up quite a bit longer watching a movie.
We were all pretty exhausted when we got up on Sunday for church. Afterwards, we headed over to Christian's sister's house to hang out and prepare for dinner. I think the exhaustion got to Christian by then and he wasn't feeling too good by the end of the night. He caught the bad cold that I had been fighting for the last half of the week.
The kids earned a free swim pass through the summer reading program at the library, so we met up with some friends this past week to go swimming again at the local city pool. I was so excited to see Caitlyn make some more progress in her swimming. It didn't quite happen that way. She pretty much regressed and would not do any swimming or anything unsupported. She spent most of the afternoon, hanging out in the shallowest corner of the pool. I was pretty frustrated.
No comments:
Post a Comment