Three more weeks before school is out for the year (scary). I think the teachers are more ready for summer vacation than even the kids. All the library books have been turned in last Friday so that they can close the library already. That was also the last week of homework for Emily. Caitlyn still has some token homework assignments until the end of this week at least.
The school sent out a note a couple of weeks ago saying that although the CST testing is done, there was still a lot of work to be done and a lot more that they need to teach the kids but I don't see it. I think the teachers are just going to coast through the rest of the month (at least for the older kids). The younger kids still have Benchmark tests this week.
I went to a PTA meeting a couple of weeks ago to meet the new principal. I still don't know what he is going to be like, but I'm looking forward to the change. The old principal was like a politician...talking and saying nothing. At least the new principle was somewhat interested in my concerns. I had regretted that I did not make more of an effort to get to the PTA meetings but I felt better after the meeting as they really didn't do anything and that's two hours of my day wasted that I will not get back.
No comments:
Post a Comment