Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day sort of started a week earlier when Auntie Marian came by to deliver valentines to everyone.
Since Caitlyn missed out on Valentine's day last year because she was super sick, I tried to make Valentine's day super special for her this year. We did some Valentine's crafts over the weekend, worked on writing out valentines to her classmates and made Valentine's cookies for both the girls' class parties.

Of course, the actual Valentine's party at school was a major sugar fest. Especially in Caitlyn's class. Some of those parents are crazy! They had enough stuff for another party the next day!
We  usually try to get the girls something special for Valentines. This year we got them a few trinkets and balloons and had them waiting for them when they got home.

But one of their favorite Valentine's came unexpectedly from our neighbor, who brought them little heart shaped boxes of chocolates with little Valentine's bears attached. I didn't get a picture because the girls ripped into them too quickly!

Christian took the girls out to get me some flowering plants some time over the weekend and they surprised me with them on Valentine's morning. Emily picked out a primrose. Caitlyn picked out some daffodils. Christian, of course, got me another David Austin rose for my garden. I got one for our anniversary, one for Christmas, and now one for Valentines. I left most of my David Austin roses at our old house. We attempted to bring my favorite, but alas, it did not survive the transplant. So, I'm super excited about my new collection of David Austin roses!

No comments: