Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July


The girls helped their dad put up the flag in the morning. We went to church but I didn't have to teach because all of my kids were out. I actually went to Relief Society...which felt weird. We came home and the kids took a nap to get ready for the long night. Christian had made a big batch of beans and rice and tri-tip the night before so all we had to do is reheat leftovers.

I whipped up a quick dessert and we joined a bunch of friends for fireworks that evening. We stayed to play games afterwards and we didn't get the kids to bed until nearly midnight. Good thing they got a nap. They had a ton of fun with their friends though.

2 comments:

The Jones Family said...

It was fun! We'll need to practice Taboo again though! :D

Seth and Cindy Teague said...

Thats a really good shot of the fireworks!