Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring

Spring seems to be here in full force now. The time has changed. The days are longer. The flowers are starting to bloom (and the weeds are growing).

We took advantage of the mild spring evenings to make our first paella of the season.

Boy, was it good! We haven't had it in a while and probably consumed a little too much in one sitting. But the good news was that the girls are eating and liking it a lot better than they used to. Caitlyn is even eating bits of the roasted bell pepper again.

The spring garden (or what is left of it is still growing well. We'll be able have some salad made from the lettuce we grew in our garden any day now (the day I get off my butt and make it, that is).
And what remains of our peas is still going strong. We got another meal of fresh peas and will keep praying for another! The gophers have peeped up here and there but have not gotten into any further mischief so far.
I am loving the fresh peas and despite the problems we had with them, I will definitely be planting them again next year. I may have to plant 50 next time though...

Anyway, it's time to start the summer garden already so I need to get to work.

2 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Paella! Wileen... did you give up on us coming over??? :( Do you guys ever make it with mussels?

The Jones Family said...

Your garden looks great btw! Summer gardens are always my favorite, so I'm looking forward to what you plant this year!