Monday, December 28, 2009

Busy

I've been so busy with the kids and with the holidays that I have not been able to keep up on my posts. It got really crazy the week before the kids got out of school. Although I had finished shopping, I had to run out and pick up little things for the kids school parties. Plus I volunteered in Caitlyn's class at the beginning of the week but I ended up doing it again two more times that week because the teacher got sick and then one of the aide's threw out her back and they were making all these neat crafts and thing for the kids to take home in time for Christmas. We also had to fight with Emily throughout the week still about her homework. She has improved a little from the past two weeks but not enough to make much of a difference. We were getting so sick of this routine that she has set up that I even threatened to take back all her presents. The threat did not improve her behavior...it just made her even whinier for a few moments. She is so stubborn that no amount of incentives or punishments will get her to change her behavior.

Anyway, we survived the week and on their last day of school, I was helping out in Caitlyn's class in the morning and left for a while because Emily had her award ceremony that morning as well. So obviously, she has no real trouble with school. It is quite easy for her but her problem is that she is too lazy and stubborn.

After her award ceremony, I ran back over to Caitlyn's class. The parents came to have "lunch" with their kids (yes, it is at 10:10am). The class put on a little musical number for the parents and then we passed out goodie bags for all the kids (no candy, as usual...whoo hoo! It makes it a bit more difficult to find goodies to share with the kids but it is so much better in the end).
The party lasted a bit longer than her normal class time because they combined the party in the end with the afternoon students (so it was extra crazy!). I thought about going to Emily's class to check on her when I get a strange phone call from her saying that her shoes were hurting her. Apparently she was in the office and since I was just outside, I walked in to find out what the matter was. Apparently she was wearing these ridiculous glittery shoes and it started hurting after she ran around in the playground. I asked her how much it hurt and she just said, "a little." And since you can't find parking anywhere near the school due to all the parents coming for award ceremonies and lunch with their kids, I asked her if she could make it through the day with them. She said that she could. So I asked why she called me and she just replied that she didn't know. I was annoyed and walked back to her back to her class and spoke to her teacher. Apparently, all they had left was lunch and their year end party which included a movie so I left her to her fate of bad footwear choices for school. When she got off the bus, she was skipping along and I asked if her feet hurt. She says, "no, they're fine." What a nuisance.

Anyway, I appreciate the no candy policy in preschool even more (even though it seems a little extreme on special occasions) when Emily comes up totally hyped up on sugar and bouncing off the walls.

Oh, and I have one last picture to post only because it is so cute and reveals Caitlyn's true character so much. You can totally see the subtle mischievous look on her face. It is definitely a classic Caitlyn picture.

No comments: