Monday, May 11, 2009

A new month, a new problem...

So, it is a new month here at the new house. Month 4. As you recall, we had the problems with our pipes bursting under our slab in two different places the day after we moved in. A nice welcome home surprise. During month two, we had the added surprise guests in the form of subterranean termites. And during month number three in our new home, we had falling limbs from our 60 or 70 foot ash tree in the front of our house and had to remove it. 

What will month four bring? Peace and serenity because trouble only come in threes? I think not. Instead, my garbage disposal broke before mother's day weekend and Christian spent the next two days trying to decide how best to fix it and what parts and tools we needed. In the end, we decided to not replace the garbage disposal but to redo the pipes without it. 

Now, it's not just that I didn't have a use of a garbage disposal. In that case, I would barely have blinked at the problem as I hardly use it anyway. No, when the garbage disposal broke, a 1/8" hole rusted out of the bottom and water started spewing out into my already ruined cabinet from our little welcome home surprise. I lost the use of my kitchen sink for nearly two days. 

We were back and forth to the home improvement stores for the next two days trying to fix the problem. In the end, we had to just rip everything out from under the sink and replace everything (even both the strainer baskets in the sink) because we could not get around the strange "plumbing art" the previous owners did. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer...wounder what will happen next month to you guys. :-)cross my figures NOTHING!

Seth and Cindy Teague said...

Man, not cool. Why are all these things happening to you guys? I'm with Candy, have my fingers crossed! Hope nothing else happens!

Anonymous said...

So I just told Joey about your new problem...he laughed and said you aren't invited to our new house (whenever we find one) you are bad luck. LOL :-)JK